Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at annual reviews
# of openings:
Annual Reviews (AR) is a nonprofit publisher dedicated to synthesizing and integrating knowledge for the progress of science and the benefit of society.
Annual Reviews offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including a business casual work environment, a great health benefits package, personal enrichment benefits, gym reimbursement, a tuition reimbursement program, a matching gifts program, regular employee events and celebrations, free on-site yoga and meditation classes, and most importantly, the ability to work with an amazing group of people who care about each other and their work.
We are currently seeking a FT Production Editor to:
- Copy edit and proof manuscripts for electronic and print publication
- Manage the production of assigned journals to ensure a smooth flow of manuscripts and meeting of deadlines
- Work effectively with editorial committees of scientists
- Communicate clearly, promptly and tactfully with editors, authors, suppliers and other staff via email, letters, in person and phone
- Prepare for, conduct and follow up on Editorial Committee meetings
- Update internal database, track author and article data and prepare reports
Qualified candidates must have:
- 2+ years of experience editing and proofreading scholarly manuscripts with careful attention to detail and grammar
- Demonstrated excellent editing and writing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, excellent command of the English language, and the ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact
- Experience working with and communicating with academic faculty, preferably scientists or engineers
- A professional demeanor and the ability to develop and maintain long-term business relationships
- A strong work ethic and solid organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to travel outside of the Bay Area 2-4 times annually for meetings
- Proficiency in the use of Windows and MS Office; advanced MS Word and Excel skills are pluses
- BA/BS degree in the Sciences, English, or a related field strongly preferred
- Experience editing highly specialized, scientific documents is a plus
- A background or interest in science and experience in a publishing or academic environment are preferred
Annual Reviews is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, age, and protected Veteran status.
If, because of your disability, you require a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact the Director of Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org.