Boise State University
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Vice President for Development
at Boise State University
Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
The Associate Vice President (AVP) for Development plays a key role in shaping Boise State University's upward trajectory by providing leadership and strategic direction Boise State's growing philanthropic efforts. The AVP for Development is the senior member of the Vice President for University Advancement's experienced leadership team and is responsible for central development programs as well as college-based development directors. The AVP for Development plans and oversees the implementation of strategies and practices for donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship; goal achievement; professional development and training; and for ensuring a holistic approach to the best practices of university advancement. The AVP for Development will have a central leadership role in the planning and management of an anticipated comprehensive university fundraising campaign with the arrival of a new university president and increased importance of philanthropy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading and motivating development teams in the areas of principal gifts, major gifts, annual giving, corporate and foundation relations and donor relations.
- Creating an inspirational culture of philanthropy through transparent communication, clear expectations and inclusiveness.
- Developing a campaign plan, implementation strategies and benchmarks for an anticipated comprehensive campaign.
- Working collaboratively with deans and academic leadership in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of development plans and goals for colleges and other campus units/constituencies.
- Establishing program plans and metrics that support university objectives.
- Maintaining a portfolio of prospects and personally cultivating and soliciting major and principal gifts.
- Working with University Advancement colleagues, university and external partners, and volunteer board members to lead specific university-wide initiatives that promote a culture of philanthropy and have a direct impact on development activities.
- Managing program and personnel budgets.
- Representing Boise State at professional association conferences and career enhancement activities.
The Associate Vice President for Development will possess:
- Thorough knowledge and understandingof prospect management, major gift fundraising, annual giving operations,advancement services and the best practices in academic fundraising.
- Ability to build and motivate ateam of fundraising professionals and partners.
- The ability to translatepriorities into action plans and results.
- Proven track record of personal majorgift cultivation and solicitation.
- Team-orientation, initiative,self-motivation and an excellent sense of humor.
- Creativity, flexibility,adaptability and an optimistic outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal,presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- A collaborative working style withthe ability to manage up, down and sideways effectively.
- Solid knowledge and understandingof technology including relationship management systems, relational databasesand fundraising platforms.
Minimum of seven years in higher education development leadership positions, including comprehensive and project-based university campaigns, program, personnel and budget management.
Required Application Materials:
Please complete the application and attach a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for this position and a resume that includes employment history (including dates of employment).