College of Southern Idaho
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at College of Southern Idaho
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Classroom Assistant will assist in providing a warm and nurturing environment in which the children can grow and in addition will assist in providing individualized Head Start experiences for children.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months experience working with young children
- Eighteen years of age or older
- Complete criminal record check from Department of Health & Welfare’s Criminal History Unit prior to consideration for hire
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL:
- Treat participants, fellow staff and community members with positive regard.
- Work on developmentally appropriate tasks in specific areas of need with designated children during small group time.
- Provide appropriate role model for behavior, speech, eating, etc.
- Attend post-class evaluations and provide information to Lead Teacher about the child’s activities/progress for that day.
- Manage behavior through acceptable methods. If there are questions ask the Family Educators or Mental Health Professional.
- Attend training as requested by supervisor and provided by program.
- Complete paper work as assigned by supervisor.
- Work with entire class as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in an individualized continuing education plan including CPR and First Aid.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding children's records and information relating to the center
- Demonstrate sensitivity to children
- Perform other duties as assigned