Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Home Health Billing Resource | Cornerstone Service Center | San Diego, CA
at Ensign Services
Home Health and Hospice Billing Resource (Ability to work remotely)
About the Company:
Cornerstone is one of the most dynamic and progressive companies in the rapidly expanding home health, hospice, and home care industries. Affiliates of Cornerstone now operate 26 home health, hospice, or home health and hospice agencies across nine Western states and we expect this growth to continue. These agencies have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the "Service Center," a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT ,and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual agencies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures reimbursement through efficient billing and collections operations and effective accounts receivable management.
- Provides oversight and approval of claims audits and processing. Conducts final billing audit and issues assignments to pre-billing team when findings require further documentation.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of payer contracts and ensures that payers are billed according to contract provisions. Represents and acts on behalf of agency in resolving conflicts with payers.
- Advises Executive Director in matters of accepting/declining problematic payers.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of government billing regulations including Medicare and Medicaid regulations and serves as a resource for appropriate agency personnel.
- Monitors aged accounts receivables and resubmit bills to overdue accounts, submits seriously overdue accounts to collection agencies for collection, and prepares bad debt reports for weekly meetings.
- Gathers, collates, and reports key billing information to billing team. Works with Executive Leadership Team in strategizing monthly, quarterly and annual goals for optimized billing efficiency.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director in successfully reconciling the billing system reports with the general ledger.
- Reconciles Medicare quarterly reports produced by the fiscal intermediary with the billing information system, and prepares the annual Medicare cost report for Executive Director review.
- Supervises the use of the billing information system and maintains a comprehensive working knowledge of the system including upgrades and enhancements.
- Supervises and reconciles cash receipts and bank deposits according to policy.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with patients, family members, payers and referral sources.
- Ensures that billing and patient accounts record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
- Protects the confidentiality of patient and agency information through effective controls and direct supervision of billing operations.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Associate's degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years’ experience in health care billing and collections management preferably in home care operations. Billing information systems knowledge required.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment and demonstrate good communication, negotiation, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated capability to accurately manage detailed information.
- Able to deal tactfully with patients, family members, referral sources and payers.
- Demonstrates autonomy, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications
Position Type: Regular Full Time, Employee
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) with company matching, vacation pay, holiday pay, fun and supportive work environment
Ensign Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Pre-employment criminal background screening required.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.