Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN-Occupational Therapist-OT | Horizon Home Health and Hospice | Pocatello, ID
at Ensign Services
Horizon is one of Idaho's oldest and largest Home Health agencies. We have been in business for over 20 years and currently have 8 branches from Weiser to Burley and are excited to have recently opened in Pocatello. We pride ourselves on our quality of care and ethical business practices as well as our foundational Core Values CAPLICO- - -Celebrate, Accountability, Passion for Learning, Intelligent Risk Taking, Customer Second, and Ownership.
How we do it: CELEBRATING successes large or small. We hold each other ACCOUNTABLE with respect and professionalism. Our PASSION FOR LEARNING allows us to teach our team members the latest and most advanced Home Health and Hospice education. Our LOVE ONE ANOTHER atmosphere shows we work as a team with trust and compassion. The growth we have experienced reveals that we are INTELLIGENT RISK TAKERS with our processes and procedures. But what really sets us apart from all the others is our CUSTOMER SECOND philosophy. Employees are our main and most important focus. We achieve job fulfillment by promoting OWNERSHIP through the independence that Home Health and Hospice offers. Horizon is Idaho’s EMPLOYER OF CHOICE and we want you to join us as we PROVIDE LIFE CHANGING SERVICE to all those we touch
COTA Licensed in the State of Idaho
Must have a current CPR, Driver's License and Auto Insurance
Home Health and Hospice experience preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in the ongoing treatment of patient’s functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self care ability, work capacity, etc.) as delegated by the registered occupational therapist. Participates in the ongoing evaluation of the home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living as delegated by the registered occupational therapist.
2. Participates in teaching new skills or retraining patients in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with organization policy.
3. Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the registered occupational therapist any changes in the patient’s condition.
4. Submits clinical documentation in accordance with Organization policy.
5. Follows treatment program and goals for improved patient function as established by the registered occupational therapist. Documents patient’s response to treatment plan and progress toward established goals.
6. Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care. Documents such communication in accordance with Organization policy.
7. Attends and contributes to in-services, case conferences, and other meetings as required by Organization policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients of the Organization.
8. Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home care services. Consults with the supervising registered occupational therapist and assists with necessary referrals, as appropriate.
9. Participates in instructing patient’s family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in patient’s treatment regime as delegated by the registered occupational therapist.
10. Adhering to the organizations documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct.
11. Is supervised by the registered occupational therapist according to organization policy and state regulations. Documentation in the clinical record will reflect ongoing communication between the registered occupational therapist and certified occupational therapy assistant, the patient’s condition, the patient’s response to services provided by the assistant, any need to change the plan of care, and patient outcomes.
Horizon Home Health and Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Ensign Services provides recruiting and placement support services to operations in the health care industry. These employers all offer a work environment where local leaders and teams are empowered to achieve superior clinical outcomes, high patient and family satisfaction, operating efficiencies, and financial performance. We engage in a collective quest to develop and support employees so they can deliver dignified, quality health care experiences to patients in the communities they serve.
It is the policy of the Company to be an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to ensuring that all conditions and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, evaluation, transfer, promotion, discipline, determination of compensation and/or benefits, and termination of employment, for all job classifications, are based on qualifications and work record. No employment decision is made, nor does the company discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex/pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, veteran status, or disability.