Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Imaging Inkjet Press Operator
at RR Donnelley
WALLACE AVE - The Imaging Operator prepares and operates the imaging equipment by reviewing job specifications, making equipment adjustments and performing ongoing quality checks to produce quality forms which meet internal standards and customer needs.
Operate variable print proprietary imaging equipment (Proteus Jet). Maintain daily print job production logs. Adjust image position, color quality, ane perforations. Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality. Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, paper, and other items as needed.
Requires knowledge of 4 color printing/imaging set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill. In addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and have the ability to make adjustments and color corrections. Typically, corrective adjustments performed require the operator to consider the symptom(s), possible causes and remedies.
Job Responsibilities are:
- Use alignment gauges and Z-patterns to produce a high quality imaged product that meets job specifications.
- Visually inspecting and color matching the forms to samples throughout run time to ensure that they meet job specifications and quality standards.
- Adhering to all SOP standards.
- Other duties as assigned
This is an OFF SHIFT position.
C Shift: 6 pm - 6 am Sun/Mon/Tues with alternating weekend coverage as needed
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Basic math, communication and problem solving skills.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, 4-6 hours ,walking/standing, 6-7 hours, bending/stooping, 2-3 hours
- Ability to read and understand job specifications, printing procedures, and quality control procedures.
- Operator should be able to determine the extent of a problem, using the check sheets and know whether to notify a technician.
- Must work well in a team-oriented environment with a willingness to learn new skills.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience in the print industry required.