Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lift Truck Operator 2
at RR Donnelley
WALLACE AVE - Drive forklift truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move raw paper materials and in process products and finished products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. May move materials and equipment using an overhead rail crane or operate a rail car mover such as a Track mobile. May load and unload semi trailer trucks. Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies. May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device. Perform safety checks on lifts. May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank. Responsible for inventory control, tracking and reporting inventory utilizing a materials management system. May organize and assign storage space utillized in warehousing and moving materials in the departments.
- Follow all safety requirements and use all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Ensures that proper documentation is included with every order (Ex. Shipping labels, Packing list).
- Verify that all special messages or needs have been adhered to when product is shipped.
- Assist with picking, packing, or shipping of special orders as needed.
- Operate several different types of pallet jacks, forklifts, and lift trucks; change batteries as needed.
- Maintain integrity of work area by making sure it is clean, safe, and stocked with supplies.
- Must be fully trained and able to operate a PIV and be comfortable with heights up to 35 feet high.
- Special projects, as assigned
THIS IS A 2ND SHIFT POSITION (2PM-10PM MON-FRI)
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- Ability to work in a team environment required.
- Basic Math and Computer skills.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. 4-6 hours and up to 70 lbs max.
- Walking/Standing 8 hours. Bending/Stooping 2-3 hours.
- Ability to walk, climb up and down stairs, bend, lift, push and pull various weights and shapes
- Ability to identify key components of work unit documents to ensure total accuracy of work unit and all special handling requirements are met.
- Ability to identify correct packaging material to ensure safe transit to final destination.
- Ability to organize all components into proper packaging for delivery to final destination
- Listen and interpret verbal instructions
- Speak English for effective communication
- Adapt to diverse communication styles and levels of understanding
- Certification as an OSHA certified hoist operator preferred.
- Previous material handling or inventory control experience preferred.
- Computer literacy involving spreadsheets and word documents