Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Night Warehouse Receiving Clerk/Selector
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- 6pm-2:30am, and as needed
We are currently looking for a Night Warehouse Receiving Clerk/Selector to join our expanding team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
- Accurately, safety and efficiently select merchandise from shelves and other storage areas using electric pallet jack and forklifts.
- Applies labels accurately with right placement and right product.
- Slot all new incoming product.
- Work with warehouse associates to locate and substitute items when necessary, generate management-needed reporting of various operations statistics and assist in the general operation of the shipping office.
- Assist in processing any and all paperwork associated with receiving during the Receiving shift, and distribute paperwork to the appropriate departments and branches.
- Maintain warehouse space efficiency through the use of slot track.
- Respond to Sales/Procurement requests for product information.
- Responsible for all daily warehouse reports.
- Assist Loader in downtime and light janitorial when needed.
- Practices proper body mechanics and Accident Prevention Program (APP) protocols
- Demonstrates knowledge and abides by federal and state regulations as it pertains to HAZMAT, OSHA and food safety requirements.
- Operate all workign equipment safety and efficiently.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MS Office experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills. Detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to complete data entry efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently producing positive results with minimal supervision.
- Problem resolution skills required.
- Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast paced warehouse environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be certified to use warehouse equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivelant.
- Food Service Industry product knowledge preferred.
- Must pass all pre-employment screenings.
Frequent sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time.
Frequent use of both arms/hands while reaching/handling/grasping while using phone, record data, computer entry, compiling information and lifting.
Occassional stand/walk within office or warehouse areas.
Occassonal bend/twist at waist/knees to and from standing position while performing routine warehouse functions.
Occassional bend/twist at waist/knees to and from seated position while performing routine office functions.
Occasionally climb stairs to and from work areas while carrying approx. 6-8, 1lb. driver packets.
Ability to exert pull force up to 50 lbs., rarely up to 120 lbs..
Visual, speech and hearing abilities necessary to perform essential functions.
Able to handle a high volume/quantity workload at a fast pace to meet required deadlines.
Ability to handle last minute changes/corrections and customers over phone.
Organize/prioritize workload with accuracy and efficiently.
Must be detail-oriented, have mathematical abilities and be accurate in mathematical calculations.
Good interpersonal skills required. Contact with drivers/co-workers/supervisors and customers.
Must possess both oral/written communication skills.
Within warehouse and office setting.
Work stresses include heavy workload and dealing with deadlines under frequent interruption.
*Constantly over 80% time, Frequently 20-80% time, and Occasionally under 20% time.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.